Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Good Morning!

It's Wednesday morning, which means Caitlin and Matthew are both in preschool and I have a few minutes for blogging.


Things here are going well-yesterday I took Hannah in for her 1 month checkup and the doctor said everything looked good. She weighs 9lbs, 7oz (50th percentile) and is 22 inches long (75th percentile) and her head is only in the 25th percentile. (i can't remember the exact measurement). So she seems to be thriving. However she does seem to have a bit of colic-especially in the evening...she gets very fussy, and scrunches her little body up and acts so uncomfortable...nothing will soothe her except for being held (thank HEAVENS for my Bjorn!). Hopefully this will pass.


Caitlin and Matthew went with me to Hannah's appointment and while we were there I was telling the doctor about how they have had these horrible colds (no fever, just runny noses and coughs) for about 2 weeks. He kindly offered to take a quick look at them and determined that they needed antibiotics (some bumps on their throats, and redness in Caitlin's ear)-so now they are finally starting to get better. Im so SICK of all this sickness around here...I swear we are singlehandedly keeping Kleenex in business-


Other than being sick the big kids are doing well. They continue to love preschool...Matthew got his first invitation for a playdate the other day. Drew is the only other little boy in his class (10 girls, 2 boys) and according to his mother Drew spends all day talking about Matthew...so the two boys are getting together this saturday to play in Drew's "office"...evidently Drew loves office things. Im going to have to find out more about this.


Since Caitlin found out about Matthew having a playdate she has been at me to talk to one of her friends moms about a playdate for her...Im feeling pretty shy about doing that, but she really wants Aubrey to come over and play. So I'll probably just bite the bullet and do it. However she is very excited because daddy has promised to do something special with her while matthew is at drew's.


Matt and I are still LOVING the new house...getting it decorated for Christmas has been so much fun!


That's about all my news..I have one picture to post-titled, "The reason I'm not sleeping anymore". And yes, that is my side of the bed....


3 comments:

Madame Queen said...

I feel your pain with the sickness! I'm home today with Caroline who has a fever. Haven't officially taken her temp, but it feels pretty high.

I'm always shy about asking for playdates, too. What if they say no?! Of course this is more about MY insecurities than anything else. I need to just bite the bullet, too.

Shedd Family said...

AAAWWWWW!!!! I am glad that you guys are starting to get healthier now. I love the whole playdate thing....it's like dating for married parents...

Stephen, Jenni, Will, Sarah, and Luke said...

soooo cute and so worth the lack of sleep...almost...right? :)