Friday, January 9, 2009

Out of Hibernation

So Im back! Aren't all two of you who still read my blog excited?!! I knew you would be.

Let's get right down to business.

Y'all remember this?
Our lovely television...with cords visible and looking a little naked right? Well...it is naked no longer:

No...not pottery barn. Or Ikea, or any other fancy schmancy furniture store. MATT'S DAD!! Yep. In a few short months he looked at this picture in a pottery barn catalog at a shelf Matt and I loved, and figured out exactly how to make it (and make it better) for our house...Check out another angle:



And the details:


Is that not gorgeous? I absolutely love it. The kids are as excited as we are and keep trying to put their important treasures (usually dragons) up on the shelves.


Dee, I know you don't like to be thanked...but thank you. A million times...this is an absolute work of art...and I really appreciate all the time, money and effort you spent on it for us. I would offer to reciprocate by making you something nice out of wood, but unfortunately the city does not provide you with a trash can large enough for the mess I would make of it :) So maybe some brownies?











































4 comments:

Stephen, Jenni, Will, Sarah, and Luke said...

That looks awesome! Very, very impressive!! :)

Leandra said...

That is gorgeous!! How talented he is.

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Does Dee make house calls?? Absolutely Beautiful!!

worms-eye-view said...

Wow!

Dee needs to be in the furniture design business!

I am so impressed.