Friday, August 17, 2007

Complete, Unadulterated Mommy Bragging

WARNING! I am about to let loose with some major bragging on my babies. If you are prone to nausea, please scroll down and enjoy the previous entry. Sorry..i just can't help myself today, and my only excuse is that I consider this blog their baby book, so Im hoping they will enjoy this type of entry when they are old enough to appreciate it. I promise I will refrain from doing this too often.

Caitlin: I am so proud of her!! Every day I am surprised at the sweet, smart, beautiful girl that she is turning out to be. One of her most endearing qualities is the fact that she is interested in everything! She is always wanting to learn new things-She loves having "homework" at preschool, and will go and get her worksheets or flashcards or whatever it is and tell me that she's "ready to learn her letters". She is a fast learner and has the memory of an elephant-if you tell her something one time she can retain it for weeks. She is also a great sister to Matthew. She wants to help him to do things and is usually pretty good about sharing. She lets him sleep in her room every night and tries to "protect" him when Matt is giving him the tickle torture. Above all though, Caitlin is just one of those people who honestly wants to do the right thing. She tries not to get into trouble and takes even the slightest bit of criticism very hard. Every day she finds a way to bring a smile to my face and i just adore her.
Matthew: Matthew is just my sweet little man. I swear it's so hard to see him growing up-I want him to be my little boy forever-he is so affectionate and loving! Today we got a great report on him from his teacher-I had gone in today to ask about whether he was a wildman at preschool (after the way he was acting at swim day I was a little concerned). Ms. Annette assured me that not only was he calm and well behaved, but that also that he was already showing signs of being able to focus really well for his age group. She said that he was very artistic and really took his time when he colored or did any sort of activity. I can't tell you how happy that made me! I guess he is constantly in Caitlin's shadow where school matters are concerned so I dont really notice his good behavior-but he is apparently thriving. He is full of imagination and is always willing to join in whatever Caitlin is doing. Overall he is such a good boy and Im ridiculously proud of him.
I can't can't can't wait for new baby girl to make an appearance; if the first two are any indication Matt and I are going to be the happiest people on earth!

No comments: