Wednesday, August 1, 2007

First Day of Preschool!

I can't beLIEVE school has started already for them! (they, of course, can't believe it took this long to get here) Today was Matthew's first day ever at preschool, and I halfway expected (hoped?) there might be just a little bit of separation anxiety from him..you know, "mommy why can't you stay?", or "when will you be back mommy?"...but no. He practically dragged Caitlin in the door without so much as goodbye to me! Im actually glad though-Since he is going to be there 3 days a week I really want him to like it. Caitlin seemed excited to have Matthew there-even though they are in different classes, they got to go in and wait for school to start together. Here are a couple of pictures of them waiting in the hall:





We met with their teachers on Monday, and I am really excited about both of them. Caitlin's teacher is very academically minded (I think Caitlin will be ready for college at the end of this year), which is exactly what Caitlin likes...and Matthew's teacher is very enthusiastic about her students...I can't wait to hear how their first day went. Hopefully the school bags will help with that...yes. I have to admit. I have stooped to competing with all the other moms in the "who can decorate their child's school issued canvas bag the best". Last year, I thought i was being creative by writing Caitlin's name in nice big bold black letters. Oh no. You've never SEEN so many pink frills, buttons, lace, ribbons etc. I had no idea what i was getting into. This group of moms is EXTREMELY craft oriented. me..not so much. However this year..I was determined to at least TRY to compete. So yesterday we went to wal mart and purchased all sorts of supplies to decorate the bags. We got ribbons, sparkle letters, navy blue letters, ladybug patches, "Cars" patches, and enough glue to ensure that I didn't have to do any "real" sewing. I stayed up way too late, and put way too much effort into this stupid thing. However...Caitlin and Matthew did seem to like them (in spite of the fact that they weren't allowed to TOUCH it until mommy finished the creative process...). So even if my two bags were still pretty much the tackiest most home-made bags there this morning...it's ok. Because they liked them. Or thats what i keep telling myself.


Anyway, you can kind of see the fruits of my labor here: ( I didn't want to do a close up...)


Im off to pick them up...Im dying to know how the first day went....I'll try to report back later in the week. Adios!

No comments: