Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fun with Cousins!

This weekend we got a nice treat...we went up to visit Grandma and Grandpa-a treat by itself of course-but this time made even better by the fact that Steve and Jen and Will and Sarah decided to come too! It was great! And it didn't take long at all for the kids to warm up to each other-and when they did it was LOUD!

Will and Matthew played "tag" in and out of the kitchen, while Caitlin and Sarah played nicely on the blanket with the toys. They were so sweet to watch. Caitlin and Matthew did so many fun things while they were there; y'all aren't going to believe the number of things they got to ride on. First there was the cub-which I didn't get pictures of because I was too busy saying my prayers (airplanes + babies=mommy nervous; daddy says I would never let them have any fun if he wasn't around...). Then, of course the favorite golf cart...to the pool. Then (and this is big) A SCHOOL BUS!! A WHOLE BIG SHINY SCHOOL BUS ALL BY THEMSELVES! My parents have a kind neighbor who drives a school bus and the kids got to get on the bus and ride all through the neighborhood. They were so thrilled! And then, to wind things up, there was a four wheeler ride. Caitlin opted out of this one and just let the boys ride. In between all that riding around, the kids were quite happy to just do everything with the cousins-eating was a big part of being here (my personal favorite actually)-The best part about having all the kiddies together was that it gave Matt and I lots of time to visit and "veg"..which daddy (and the dogs) took full advantage of!


So all in all it was a wonderful weekend. I don't know why we wait so long between visits!


And speaking of visits, I have to post one of my new favorite pictures-this is of Grandpa and the babies when dad flew in for lunch the other day. We do this periodically where we meet (me by car, him by cub) in a central location and have a nice lunch out. This time it was at Pizza Hut and the kids really loved it! Here's the picture I got there-


Cute, huh?


No comments: